Hi all,

after an update my system is unable to reboot, or shutdown...

it hangs just after unloading ALSA modules, and nothing else happens.

I had some problem with gcc (after the update), something about I had
to remocpile it because of some bug. but apart from that, nothing else
strange.

 gcc-config -l
 [1] i686-pc-linux-gnu-4.3.2 *

I've recompiled sysvinit, and I'm wondering if I need to recompile
somethign else

# eix sysvinit
[I] sys-apps/sysvinit
     Available versions:  2.86-r8 ~2.86-r9 2.86-r10 ~2.86-r12 {ibm
kernel_FreeBSD selinux static}

i don't know how to debug or next step... I've lost my xfce menu icons,
so I was wondering if maybe my gcc problems are most serious than I
first thought.

Anyone found this probem before?

TIA,
Arnau