On Tuesday 30 June 2009 17:41:35 Massimiliano Ziccardi wrote:
> I'm installing the split ebuild ( Very long operation..  x-/ ).
>
> Wouldn't be better to mask the kdebase monolithic ebuild, so that
> unexperienced gentoo
> linux users as I am would not spend useless hours installing it?

No. That's a bad idea. Stable users have been using monolithic ebuilds for
ages. You can't just take that away from them.

It's far preferable to let people like yourself suffer the consequences of not
reading documentation - split ebuilds have been available and documented since
at around 2006 IIRC

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com