brullo nulla wrote:
> I don't think this is a solution. I am using a laptop, and how can I
> reach my postfix server (assuming that I have another machine to use
> as it, which I don't have) from everywhere?

Ahh, that bit's easy, a firewall rule and SASL, or Squirrelmail, or run
postfix locally on the laptop.
> In any case it is kinda insane that one has to build a SMTP server to
> workaround this.

Yes, it is overkill, and I wasn't trying to recommend it. Postfix uses
the same SMTP protocols/ports etc as your mail client should do, so what
I was implying was, if I can do it through Virgin's SMTP, why can't you?
I don't know the answer to that though....