On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 16:13:01 -0500, Harry Putnam <rea...@newsguy.com>
wrote:
> <snip>
> So far I haven't found any instance of i486 files remaining on the
> system... what else might evoke that output?

As I said: some Python makefile retains the reference to the (former) i486
compiler. That Makefile is used when building packages using distutils
(that's what's happening here). If remerging Python itself didn't help, how
about grepping /usr/lib/python2.6 for "i486", and replacing the matching
string by hand?

grep -R "i486" /usr/lib/python2.6

On my system (i686), it's /usr/lib/python2.6/config/Makefile that matches.
And that should also be what's used by distutils.

--
Heiko Wundram
Gehrkens.IT GmbH

FON 0511-59027953 | http://www.gehrkens.it
FAX 0511-59027957 | http://www.xencon.net

Gehrkens.IT GmbH
Strasse der Nationen 5
30539 Hannover

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Hannover, HRB 200551
Geschäftsführer: Harald Gehrkens, Daniel Netzer