On Monday 20 July 2009 17:49:00 Dirk Uys wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> I'm busy installing Gentoo on a local server. I'm using
> "default/linux/amd64/2008.0/server" as the profile. I noticed that I
> get a nice little warning every time I emerge a package saying that
> the profile is untested.
>
> My main concern for using the current server profile is to get a
> minimal install, not security. Should I be using a different profile
> (like hardened) or is the one I'm using fine?
>
> Regards
> Dirk Uys

Set I_KNOW_WHAT_I_AM_DOING to anything other than "yes" in root's profile and
the error will go away. I don't believe the warnings are in any way dangerous,
to get a minimal install it will have removed USE flags and not installed any
services (as opposed to adding stuff the make things minimal). Issues can be
fixed by enabling the USE flags you do want.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com