On 6 Aug 2009, at 19:20, Dan Farrell wrote:
Stroller wrote:

I considered suggesting contacting the owners of the site &
explaining how stupid it is to piss your customers off without
benefit, but if they're dumb enough to have implemented this in the
first place then there's probably no persuading them.

I doubt they know enough about websites to have requested that
feature. More likely, it was a poor choice by the web developer, ...

I considered this, but it doesn't really matter, does it?

SOMEONE thought this was a good idea, and if THEY'RE dumb enough to have implemented this in the first place then there's probably no persuading them.

If you complain to the website owner the chances are that they're just going to back to the website "designer" and ask him to explain it to them, and he'll explain it to them in a way that rationalises his original decision to foul with right-clicking.

Of course there is the possibility that if the company receives loads of complaints then they'll do something about it, or that the graphic designer has moved on now, or the website owner has recently employed someone internally who is more technically literate & who will be more sympathetic to these complaints, but chances are that bitching about it won't make any difference.

Stroller.