On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 8:40 AM, Paul Hartman
<paul.hartman+gen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 10:35 AM, Mark Knecht <markkne...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> You actually compile OO? Wow! OO-bin for me. Couple of minutes and
>> it's installed.
>
> Same here. I compiled it for a long time (double meaning!), but when I
> realized the amount of time spent compiling it was greater than the
> amount of time spent using it... I decided to go oo-bin as well.

I haven't even tried KDE on Gentoo due to compile times, but less OO.
No patience for that stuff.

I'm just about ready to build my first new desktop PC in 4 years and
will have to decide on the very highest AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.4Ghz
vs one of the new Intel i5 or i7's. No matter what I choose I might
finally be able to build KDE in maybe a few hours.

- Mark