HI group,

My netbook has only (4+8)G of sketchy SSD + SDHC RAM for everything
and I am determined not to emerge anything I don't really need.

But now that I'm mobile I have the capability of doing a -uD world
whenever it's required without having to take days of dialup time.

Question is, when's that? I assume with fewer packages, updating is
not as urgent as on a big desktop with lots of HD space and lots of
apps.

Is there some sort of rule-of-thumb when it comes to timing or spacing
their updates that members use to keep gentoo happy?

Maxim