On 9/18/09, Neil Bothwick <n...@digimed.co.uk> wrote:
> There's got ot be an easy answer to this, but I've looked in the portage,
> emerge and make.conf man pages to no avail. Is it possible to have
> emerge skip interactive ebuilds during a world update?

portage man-page seems to be outdated (missing the info).

Deny interactivity (e.g., in make.conf):

ACCEPT_PROPERTIES="-interactive"

Then try to emerge something interactive:

!!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "games-fps/enemy-territory" have been masked.
!!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your request:
- games-fps/enemy-territory-2.60b (masked by: interactive properties)

I believe the source of this feature is this bug:

http://bugs.gentoo.org/151113

Naturally, I'm running 2.2rc-series portage, so 2.1 might not have it.

--
Arttu V.