Jesús Guerrero wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Oct 2009 10:31:53 +0900, daid kahl <daid...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I was getting some Japanese-bought DVDs to play correctly on my
>> laptop, and I found that I after I installed libdvdcss from portage,
>> portage did not think to rebuild kaffeine (or mplayer, etc), but that
>> was necessary to get full viewing functionality.
>>
>> In the first case, I wonder if libdvdcss should be pulled in by the
>> dvd USE flag.  Secondly, I think portage ought to be smart enough to
>> know to rebuild programs in such a case.
>>

> Nope. What you have to do is to set up the correct use flags for xine-lib
> (dvd). All the dependencies will be pushed, you don't even have to
> implicitly install libdvdcss. When a given use flag is changed portage will
> detect and recompile all the required packages with a simple emerge -auDVN
> world.

I think this is a typo.  The command should be emerge -auDvN world.  The
upper case V would only print the version of portage.  That should
therefore be a lower case v.

I wish I could type better too.  LOL  After proofing a message a dozen
times, I still find a boo boo after hitting the send button.  :/  Maybe
it is the keyboard?

Dale

:-)   :-)