Can someone explain the procedure for the installing software that has a
fetch restriction?

Whenever I get the "F" for fetch restricted (must be manually
downloaded) I can't get the build right.  Usually I have to go to a
web-site and then after downloading what is needed I get stuck.
Basically I don't know what to do with the file.  Where is the file
suppose to go and what format is it suppose to be in?  Also what should
the permissions and ownership be of the file.

So really a good procedure and example would help.  Two of the programs
I want to install are app-misc/openjnlp and net-misc/icaclient .

Thanks,

--dhk