daid kahl wrote:
>> I've recently rebuilt my laptop, and am having trouble getting the
>> wireless to work correctly.  My wireless is making an association with
>> my AP, but TCP/IP traffic doesn't seem to want to transmit over it; I
>> can't even ping my AP.  TCP/IP works fine on the ethernet adapter.
>> Wireshark (without the ethernet connected) only shows traffic going out
>> the wireless card, not in, and another station on my home network is not
>> seeing the DHCP broadcasts.  My access point can see the MAC address of
>> the wireless card in my laptop.  I've tried to config the networking
>> with DHCP and static IPs, neither worked.
>>
>> So, the wireless card appears to be working, and TCP/IP appears to be
>> working, but not together.  Does anyone have any idea what could cause
>> this?  I've previously had it working, however, I forgot to grab my
>> kernel config before I wiped the drive, only the /etc folder and my home
>> folder, so there's a good chance that I've done something differently in
>> the kernel config.
>>

> Use portage to rebuild all the relevant network ebuilds.  I've had
> similar trouble with NetworkManager and my wireless after rebuilding
> lots of the system, and once I rebuilt NetworkManager then everything
> was back to normal.  So, dhcpcd certainly should be rebuilt, and
> whatever other things might be related to the wireless in portage.
>
> ~daid

Well, I've used emerge -C and then emerge again on dhcpcd and
iwl3945-ucode.  I'm not sure if I did that with wireless-tools, but I'll
try that now.  Actually, I'll unmerge all three and re-emerge them again.

Are there any others that I'm missing?  I can't think of any other
packages that would apply; at least, not that I specified.

John Moe