Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
On Donnerstag 15 Oktober 2009, Justin wrote:
Arnau Bria wrote:
Hi all,

Anyone did success on configuring Intel GM965/GL960 on xorg 1.6? I have
an acer TravelMate 5720 ...

You also can remove all "InputDevice" sections as those are controlled
by hal.

he should let them in, but he can remove all FontPath and modules entries. And yes, 'vesa' has to be changed.

Here is mine [1] , just for information I can go without an xorg.conf and X will still start fine, just I have found I am missing some fonts.

To see this working in action the Gentoo Ten Live DVD 10.1 [2] works with a blank xorg.conf on my T61 with X3100 intel graphics.

[1] http://dwabbott.com/gentoo-ten/intel_fix/xorg.conf
[2] http://linuxcrazy.com/?q=node/77