daid kahl wrote:

> > Not really specific to gentoo, except that I want to do this with a
> > Gentoo PC: Is it possible to attach my Gentoo PC 'G' to another PC 'W'
> > (running Windows) via USB, so that G appears to be a removable media to
> > W? I think you need special USB cables with some electronics in the
> > middlle for that, and I saw such a solution for Windows. Does anybody
> > know if this is possible with Linux?
>
> Did you consider something like an ethernet cable and using samba?  I
> haven't used my Linux drive specifically in another Windows machine,
> but samba works fine for using our network scanner (and I can browse
> the relevant filesystems setup in Samba).

The problem with this is that the PC is a closed system used for medical
ultrasound acquisitions, and I do not have access to it. So I cannot
configure any shares, and have to use what is already configured. The
software allows export of data to an USB stick, but I would like to avoid
having to move the stick around to the Linux PC afterwards.

        Wonko