2009/10/20 Alex Schuster <wo...@wonkology.org>:
> Mick writes:
>
>> Could it be that all this is caused by KDE-4.3 going stable?  Perhaps I
>>  should now bite the bullet unmerge all my KDE-3.5 packages and start a
>>  mammoth emerge of KDE-4 ?
>
> Uh, I am running KDE 4 for half a year now, but it still lacks stability. I
> still like it, and I can live with that, and also had some problems with
> KDE3, so I just jumped to the next version. But I can understand why people
> are disappointed with it and stick to KDE3. So, emerging KDE4 probably is a
> good idea, but unless you need to remove it, I would keep KDE3 for a while.
> I have both, and no problems.
>
> I think I have to do some bug reports now. I have a loong list of KDE4
> problems I noted, and I hoped switching from 4.2 to 4.3 would solve many of
> them, but actually not much did change. Well, at last konqueror's bookmark
> editor is working now, this was annoying and made me wonder why such a bug
> made it into a release.

I really, really depend on Kmail and to some extent on Konqueror
(fish, webdav and also as a file manager).  This is an old laptop
overdue for replacement - so could hold onto KDE3.5 with this one and
jump straight into KDE4 when I buy a new laptop within a month or so.

How is Kmail/Konqueror behaving on KDE4?
--
Regards,
Mick