On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 5:04 PM, Neil Bothwick <n...@digimed.co.uk> wrote:

> On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 15:58:53 -0700, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
>
> > > Are you using ssmtp to send them? If so, you need to set hostname
> > > in /etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf.
>
> > I have no idea how they are being sent.  This just started
> > autonomously.  I don't even know off hand what ssmtp is.
>
> What does "emerge --info -v | grep ELOG" show.
>
> ssmtp is a minimal mail relay server, installed as part of @system.
>

> --
> Neil Bothwick
>
> The people who are wrapped up in themselves are overdressed.

It shows the below.  So it appears I've been asking for email all along, but
only just now was it even working enough to fail visibly.
But: there is no /etc/ssmtp directory, let alone a config file.  That could
explain a lot, but I need some help fixing it.

PORTAGE_ELOG_CLASSES="info, warn, error, log"
PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILFROM="port...@localhost"
PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILSUBJECT="[portage] ebuild log for ${PACKAGE} on ${HOST}"
PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI="root"
PORTAGE_ELOG_SYSTEM="save mail"

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD