On 11/04/2009 04:55 AM, 7v5w7go9ub0o wrote:
Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
[...]
Gah, the Flash plugin is very buggy with 3.6 (rendering corruption).
  I reverted to 3.5.4 and downgraded to Gtk+ 2.16.6 and gtkmm 2.16.0
instead.

Any pointers at to what might be wrong are still welcome.

Shot in the dark here.

NVidia updated their drivers at about the time you started having
problems. Their latest driver update changed the permissions on
/dev/nvidia0  nvidiactl ; resulting in VERY slow scrolling response on
my box (amd64) using googleearth. Changing the permissions to crwxrw-rw-
resulted in instant speed up; you may get by with r--r-- (?).

Thanks, but that's not it. I'm on ATI and /dev/ati/card0 has the right permissions. And it works just fine with older Gtk+, just not with newer.