On Sunday 08 November 2009 21:56:36 Jesús Guerrero wrote:

> sort?

> >> I didn't know this command, it works well for me.
> >>
> >> Boris
> >
> > It's working for me now too.  I just needed to wait a while for it to
> > fully load.
> >
> > - Grant
>
> That's not the MS Internet Explorer. If you are using it to check your
> site compatibility with MSIE then you are doing it wrong. If you want MSIE,
> you have to install MSIE.

A word of warning though - it's fragile, often doesn't install right and tends
to break often with each successive version of wine. And that's IE6. We won't
even talk about IE7...

IE6 installs nicely into a Crossover-Office bottle though. It's worth the
price of a CrossOver license if you really need Windows stuff for work.

Alternatively, winetricks by Dan Kegel helps with all the drudge work of
installing into vanilla wine whatever crapfest of dependencies IE6 needs.
Google for it, there's almost always a current thread on the wine forum about
the most recent procedure.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com