José Romildo Malaquias <j.romi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > You may try to call cdrecord -v -checkdrive -V
> >
> > and have a look at the SCSI read buffer command.
>
> Unfortanatly I do not know how to deal with the output of the above
> command. So I am attaching it here (cdrecord0.log) and maybe someaone
> can find anything unexpected in it.

OK, the drive does not support the read buffer command, this is why cdrecord
cannot do a DMA speed test.

But you have a massive problem in the linux kernel that needs to be
investigated. The test unit ready command _cannot_ return a "fatal"
SCSI transport error as long as there is a drive connected.

Please start with running the "scgcheck" command to get some informations
on the compliance problems in your linux kernel.

Jörg

--
 EMail:jo...@schily.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
       j...@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)