Mick wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I would use kde-base/kwifimanager-3.5.10 every now and then to check
> networks,
> IP address, or strength of signal when I would not use iwconfig or iwlist.
> This will be removed soon, so what is the KDE4 equivalent?

Suse has a kde4 version of knetworkmanager. I assume that this will
appear in gentoo at some point. Otherwise you could give "wicd" a try. I
found it very functional and useful! It is a service running in the
background but has different programs to show available networks and
configure. The "ncurses" useflag makes it build a cli client. And a GTK
client is built in any case.

cheers
Thomas

--
Thomas Kahle

The fundamental theorem of algebra is open source. Like any other
mathematical theorem it can be applied free of charge and everybody
has access to its proof and can convince himself how it works. Why
should software be any different?