On 11/17/2009 10:40 AM, Grant Edwards wrote:
On 2009-11-17, Jos? Romildo Malaquias <j.romi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Once I have written a dvd ISO image to a dvd-r disk and then I have
deleted the image from the hard disk. Now I need the image again, but
reading the image from disk does not give me an identical image to the
original one.

I have used the commands

$ readcd -vvv dev=/dev/dvd f=image.iso

and

$ dd if=/dev/dvd of=image.iso

With both commands, the resulting image is 99.9% identical to the
original one.

If you deleted the original, how do you know? the one you're
creating from the DVD isn't identical?

Is there anything I can do to get an image identical to the
original one?

Since you still seem to have a copy of the original ISO, just
use it.
My guess is that he has a slow internet connection, he downloaded a large iso, burned it, deleted it, and now wants to get the iso back without downloading it again, but he has access to the checksum/filesize of the original iso from the place he downloaded it, and when he makes an iso, the checksum/filesize does not match.

Marcus