> Hey guys
>
> I'm Strugling to set up wireless, have recompiled kernel to include wireless
> i have folowed all the documentation and read and folowed tutorials on
> gentoo wiki and also i have folowed the /net.examples and wireless.examples
> but it keeps giving me errors when i want to start init.d/net.wlan0
> my question is: what should a working /etc/init.d/net look like if I want to
> connect to dhcp enabled open wireless dslmodem/router ?

I've heard great things about wicd, but I never managed to get it
work.  NetworkManager worked out-of-the-box for me once I had the
correct drivers (now in the kernels by default).

I think wicd is nicer, but NetworkManager will work, and the nm-applet
has not failed me to connect to any wireless networks that were either
open or that I had the passwords for.  The disadvantage of NM compared
to wicd is it won't work without X.  The advantage is it will take
care of the conf.d/net

~daid