On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 17:19, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday 16 November 2009 21:26:02 Doug Hunley wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 03:24, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> > Does anyone here successfully use amarok-2.2.0 with mysql-5.0.84-r1?
>>
>> I haven't had any issues w/ amarok 2.2.0 and mysql 5.0.84-r1 (once I
>> figured out how to get amarok to _not_ use the embedded mysql)
>
> That's a common complaint about amarok lately. The devs reckon they must use
> multi-user mysql because it's almost impossible to get sqlite to do it
> properly and totally impossible to get it to do it remotely.
>
> This puzzles me. How many users out their use their music player in multi-user
> mode with a collection db on a remote machine? Apart from LTSP installs, I'll
> bet it's none. And LTSP is better off using mpd, so why didn't the amarok devs
> simply include mpd support?
>
> To answer your question, does Settings -> Collection -> enable check box &
> fill in bottom half of dialog do what you want?

I had done that actually, and it completely *ignored* it until I
killed all amarok processes and removed the mysqle directory (I think
that was the name). Thankfully, I found this solution on some random
blog somewhere that google pointed me to

--
Douglas J Hunley, RHCT
doug.hun...@gmail.com : http://douglasjhunley.com : Twitter: @hunleyd

Obsessively opposed to the typical.