Stroller wrote:

On 9 Dec 2009, at 16:46, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
(what?  There are people who only boot it once before getting Gentoo
completely installed? ;-).

Yes, absolutely. I would consider this to be the normal scenario.

+1 I have done that several times, even over ssh to another country.

 When sshd'ing from within the chrooted
environment, the ssh client has to add an entry to known_hosts just once, and this entry will persist even when the embryonic gentoo has been fully
installed and configured.

Well, it was totally worth wasting 10 hours of your time not to have to delete one line of a text file. ;)

FWIW I have in .bashrc:

alias ssg="ssh -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null"

I do totally sympathise with you on trying to open bugs & improve Gentoo. I have been brushed off and received snotty responses from devs on a number of occasions. They're either a bunch of arrogant knobs, or they simply deal with bugs in a terse manner (which, totally unintended, happens to offend certain people such as you & I). I suppose charitably we must assume the latter.

Stroller.

+1 here too. I haven't filed a bug in a while although I have found a couple. I also very rarely post on -dev. I learned that if you don't say anything, they don't know you are there to bite on. ;-) Sort of like a fly on the wall.

Dale

:-) :-)