Marcus Wanner <marc...@cox.net> [09-12-16 17:04]:

> On 12/16/2009 2:54 AM, Bruce Hill wrote:
> >On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 05:32:41AM +0100, meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
> >
> >>I am still haveing one "EE" in my Xorg.0.log which says the
> >>following:
> >>
> >>(EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to initialize the GLX module; please check in
> >>your X
> >>(EE) NVIDIA(0):     log file that the GLX module has been loaded in
> >>your X
> >>(EE) NVIDIA(0):     server, and that the module is the NVIDIA GLX
> >>module.  If
> >>(EE) NVIDIA(0):     you continue to encounter problems, Please try
> >>(EE) NVIDIA(0):     reinstalling the NVIDIA driver.
> >>(II) NVIDIA(0): NVIDIA GPU GeForce 7600 GT (G73) at PCI:1:0:0 (GPU-0)
> >>
> >>Module "glx" is accessed via xorg.conf like this
> >>
> >>Section "Module"
> >>     Load           "glx"
> >>EndSection
> >>
> >>but seems not successfully loaded according to the EEs above.
> >>
> >Have you run "eselect opengl set nvidia" yet? There is a nice guide
> >here:
> >http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/nvidia-guide.xml
> >
> I was having the same problem and that command fixed it for me. I
> noticed that before it was fixed, there was no 3d acceleration when
> using opengl, making for very slow framerates with most 3d apps...
>
> Marcus

...and I was sure, that the emerge process did this for me...
I did by hand and now I have another problem:

(II) Loading extension RECORD
(II) LoadModule: "dri"
(WW) Warning, couldn't open module dri
(II) UnloadModule: "dri"
(EE) Failed to load module "dri" (module does not exist, 0)
(II) LoadModule: "dri2"
(WW) Warning, couldn't open module dri2
(II) UnloadModule: "dri2"
(EE) Failed to load module "dri2" (module does not exist, 0)

Any eselect magic needed here ?