On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 10:44:41 -0600, Dale wrote:

How did this end up in the lzma/xz thread?

> Well, this ain't working as well as I would like.  I'm getting a lot of
> failures.  Something like this:
>
>  * subversion check out start -->
>  *      repository: svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdesdk
> svn: Network connection closed unexpectedly
>  * ERROR: kde-base/kate-9999 failed:
>  *   subversion: can't fetch to
> /usr/portage/distfiles/svn-src/kdesdk/kdesdk from
> svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdesdk.

Why are you trying to install the svn version?

> I may just go back to a more stable setup.

Like the standard KDE 4 in portage?

> Oh well.  I just wish they had supported KDE 3 longer cause KDE 4 is
> just not ready for what I do.  I get a screen full of crap about KDE 3
> being masked when updating too.  Sort of bugs me.

Add the kde-sunset overlay and all that will disappear. KDE3 still works
on Gentoo, it's just not supported in portage any more.

--
Neil Bothwick

"When you play a Microsoft CD backwards you can hear demonic Voices...
that's nothing - when you play it forward it installs Windows"