'Sup Gentoo?

I'm working on a daily cron job to email me daily. It happens to be details of new shows available for download on the BBC's iPlayer website. OMG! get_iplayer rocks!

If I have the following in my crontab:

0 8 * * * /usr/local/bin/get_iplayer -z "Daily Summary" 2>&1 | grep -v ^Added

Then the email's subject is ugly.

A bit of Googling [1] shows me that:

0 8 * * * /usr/local/bin/get_iplayer -z "Daily Summary" 2>&1 | grep -v ^Added | mailx -s "iPlayer Daily Summary" stroller

which gives a neater subject line.

However the "from: " address is strol...@host.long.domain, which I feel is a little untidy.

It's probably OCD of me to care, but I would prefer the mails to appear in my mail client as from "iPlayer".

Can anyone suggest a better solution than writing a wrapper script as described at:
   http://www.mail-archive.com/freebsd-questi...@freebsd.org/msg223401.html
please?

This is a great answer, but it means I have extra wrapper scripts cluttering up my system, and since I will probably want multiple summaries (say weekly reports of "drama" and "comedy" categories, delivered on different days) it would mean I need either multiple wrapper scripts, or a single much more complicated one.

I am probably making my life complicated just for the pernicketyness of it, but any suggestions gratefully received.

Stroller.

[1]
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447626+1261393668323+28353475&threadId=886847