On Sat, Jan 09, 2010 at 01:25:42PM -0800, Penguin Lover walt squawked:
> On 01/09/2010 10:39 AM, Willie Wong wrote:
>> Hi list:
>>
>> I found the following problem when trying to set-up X on my Gigabyte
>> Netbook, model T1028M. Firstly, about the hardware
>>
>> lspci shows
>>   00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GME
>>   Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)...
>
> Searching for 'intel' in the kernel menuconfig turns up 945GM, but only
> in framebuffer drivers marked 'experimental'.  I'm thinking the intel
> driver for X doesn't support that chip yet, but I'm guessing.

the 2009 Q3 release should support my card.

http://intellinuxgraphics.org/documentation.html

It is not that new a chip-set: having been around a couple years
already I think.

Cheers,

It is said that papers in string theory are published at a rate
greater than the speed of light. This, however, is not problematic
since no information is being transmitted.
    ~Prof. Dr. phil. habil. Hagen Michael Kleinert
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 1128 days, 21:09