On 11 Jan, James Ausmus wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 1:51 AM, Helmut Jarausch <
> jarau...@igpm.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've tried (for the first time) to install the
>> source version of firefox
>>  www-client/mozilla-firefox-3.5.7
>> with useflags
>>  alsa bindist dbus gnome java linguas_de linguas_en sqlite
>> startup-notification
>>
>> It builds just fine,
>> BUT
>> when I start firefox I get only a tiny (real tiny!)
>> window. When I enlarge it (dragging a vertex of the window)
>> it's just empty.

Starting firefox from a remote system did work, so I tried
to restart X11.
After my window manager (IceWM) had stopped I could see that
the firefox window was there indeed, BUT previously hidden behind
IceWM's background (icewmbg).
I couldn't close this window, though.
Killing X11 and restarting X11 solved the problem.
I've never seen such an effect before and the problem
is solved because it's working now, not because
I've understood what was going on.

Many thanks to all who helped me,
Helmut.

--