Finally I created an account at gitorious.org and now we can have a live
ebuild for KPortageTray, which I'm attaching at this e-mail.

By now, it is still at development and the user should use with caution. But,
I'm using it everyday and I think it doesn't have any serious bug. Like I
said, you don't need to run it as root, but it will call kdesu when root
access is needed, so, shouldn't have any serious security issues.

At the current version, I added support for eix-sync and now, after every
sycn, the output of eix-diff is shown at a tab.

I also converted the colors output by the commands (genlop, emerge, etc.) to
HTML, so everything is colored now (but there maybe some bugs at colors).

One more time, it won't work with KDE 4.4 due to a massive change at systray
protocol. As soon as the docs is released I'll tray to adapt KPortageTray to
handle it.

Regards,
--
Ronan Arraes Jardim Chagas
Control and Automation Engineer

EAPI="2"

EGIT_REPO_URI="git://gitorious.org/kportagetray/kportagetray.git"
EXPERIMENTAL="true"
KDE_LINGUAS="pt_BR"

inherit kde4-base git

DESCRIPTION="A set of basic operations for Portage."
HOMEPAGE=""

LICENSE="GPL-3"
KEYWORDS="~amd64"
SLOT="0"