On 01/19/2010 04:13 AM, SpaceCake wrote:
Hi,

I have problem to compile Avahi. As far as I see there was several bugs related
to this package in the past, so I've tried to perform the steps in those bug
reports to fix this issue (recompile python, python packages, playing with
useflags etc).
Unfortunately I can't make it work, so I removed avahi from useflags, so my
world compile is ok. However I would like to use it, so if anyone has any idea
how can I fix it, it could be great

I think the most important part is

configure: error: Could not find Python module dbus

however dbus python is emerged and exists

however when I import module I've got this

ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/_xmlplus/parsers/pyexpat.so:
undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS2_Decode

An undefined symbol error means that something has changed since that library
was installed.  The solution is to re-install that library, which means
re-install
the pyexpat package.  I'm guessing that revdep-rebuild would do that for you
automatically.  You might want to run redep-rebuild anyway because you may have
other broken libraries on your machine as well.