>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > add to your /etc/portage/package.license :
>> >
>> > net-im/skype skype-eula
>> >
>> > This will unmask skype.
>> >
>> > regards,
>>
>> Could someone explain the purpose of this new portage feature?  I was
>> hoping adding a license to package.license would negate the need to
>> agree to the license when emerging, but it doesn't seem to do that.
>>

> Really? are you sure you don't have a typo? I don't use
> package.license, but I put ACCEPT_LICENSE="skype-eula" in my make.conf
> and emerged skype with no problems nor prompts.
>
> What did you see after performing Boris's suggestions?

I'm doing all of my testing with net-wireless/broadcom-sta.

package.license seems to unmask the package which otherwise won't
emerge.  ACCEPT_LICENSE does negate the need manually accept the
license.  So they seem to perform different functions.  skype will
still emerge without package.license?  Maybe there's a difference in
the license which is responsible for the different behavior?

- Grant