100201 Valmor de Almeida wrote:
> Recently I bumped up the number of HDD on a relatively old system
> and I noticed that it took a while for Gentoo to boot.
> I tried to reboot and here is where I have a problem:
>   *Populating /dev/ with existing devices through uevents...
>   *Waiting for uevents to be processed...
>   [34.7540621] Disabling IRQ #48
> It just sits there for a very long time.

I had this on my stand-by machine & discovered it was waiting
for a broken CD drive; when I unplugged the drive, all was well.

Of course, your problem cb caused by something quite different.  HTH

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca