On Tue, 2010-02-09 at 08:47 +0100, J. Roeleveld wrote:

> I now only need to figure out the best way to configure LVM over this to get
> the best performance from it. Does anyone know of a decent way of figuring
> this out?
> I got 6 disks in Raid-5.

why LVM?  Planning on changing partition size later?  LVM is good for
(but not limited to) non-raid setups where you want one partition over a
number of disks.

If you have RAID 5 however, don't you just get one large disk out of it?
In which case you could just create x partitions.  You can always use
parted to resize / move them later.

IMHO recovery from tiny boot disks is easier without LVM too.

Failure is not an option -- it comes bundled with Windows.