On Fri, 2010-02-12 at 01:58 +0800, ubiquitous1980 wrote:
> With this command or similar, I made my directory and one file in /
> unreadable:
>
> for entry in $(find $HOME); do $entry >> found; done

er... you just executed everything in your home directory and piped the
output to a file...  I think you wanted "do echo $entry"? or the simpler
"find $HOME >> found"?

anyway, it shouldn't have corrupted your filesystem, but it looks like
it did.

> Any ideas on how to fix this?

you probably want to shutdown and fsck your filesystem.  Then, start
looking for your backups :(

Even with nougat you can have a perfect moment.
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time)