"Walter Dnes" <waltd...@waltdnes.org> writes:

> - I run Firefox
> - I go to live365.com and log in
> - I click on an icon, and Firefox starts up an audio player, and passes
>   it the appropriate URL.
> - I start reading/writing emails, whilst enjoying music in my headphones
>
>   The audio player needs to communicate with my email client because...?

So that the email program can add a 'tag' in the signature of outgoing
emails so that the recipients know what music you were listening to when
composing the email :)

I have not seen this in email clients, but would not be surprised if
some did, but have seen this in IM programs - both Pidgin and kopete
have options/plugins to show the music you are listening to in your
status.