Hi everyone,

I have purchased an HP C4795 Photosmart All-in-One printer, scanner and
copier.  I have gotten the printer to work fine after installing the
unstable version of hplip.  The copy mechanism works also.  However, I
am having trouble with the scanner.  I again have installed unstable
versions (i.e. ~x86) versions of sane-backends and xsane).  If I run
xsane as root, the scanner is recognized.  However, if I run xsane as a
normal user, the device is not recognized.  I can't seem to figure out
what to change to rectify this - I've tried changing the owner and group
on the xsane executable, but this didn't work.  The permissions for the
xsane executable seem fine.  I have added myself to the "scanner" group,
but this doesn't seem to have any affect.  Also, despite the fact that
the device can be set up wirelessly, I have not done this - I have the
unit connected to my computer via USB cable.

Any of you gurus have any ideas?

Regards,

Colleen

--