On Thursday 18 February 2010 16:51:00 you wrote:
> On 18 February 2010 14:21, ubiquitous1980 <nixuser1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Matthias Krebs wrote:
> >>
> >> update to kde 4.4
> >>

> >> bbc works again (at least for berlin)
> >
> > You can use cwp (customisable weather plasmoid) from kde-look.  Requires
> > hand installation.  Hope that helps.
>
> Or you can copy the URL from the BBC RSS feed and it should work.  Let
> me know which location you want and I can copy it over for you to try.

Open your ~/.kde4/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc and add this line for
your source of the weather applet:

source=bbcukmet|weather|Perth, Australia|
http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/92/ObservationsRSS.xml

all on one line.

Or if you prefer Perth International, then add this:

source=bbcukmet|weather|Perth International, Australia|
http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/1954/ObservationsRSS.xml

Hope this makes it work again.
--
Regards,