On Friday 19 February 2010 09:07:59 James Homuth wrote:
>   _____

As your root-filesystem does appear to be mounted, can you give use the result
of the "mount" command to see how it identifies the root-filesystem?

I have seen harddrive naming schemes change between kernel versions. Eg. hda
might end up being hdb or hdc,... (same with sd.....)

Alternatively, to avoid this, you could use drive-labels and configure
/etc/fstab with these labels rather then the drive-items.

Can you also show us the dmesg-output to see if the drives are actually
identified?
If "udev" is not running correctly, the device-nodes might not be created
automatically.

--
Joost