On Saturday 20 February 2010 03:11:41 Dale wrote:
Dale, whatever you wanted to say did not reach the list ... just an html
message with an empty body.  You may want to resend?

PS.  Hopefully not in html.  ;-)

I synced last night and did a update. After that I was informed that there was some preserved libs that needed to be rebuilt. So I attempt to do this and this is what I get:

r...@smoker / # emerge @preserved-rebuild -a

 * IMPORTANT: 1 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
 * Use eselect news to read news items.

Calculating dependencies... done!

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "sci-calculators/kconvert:0".

 * IMPORTANT: 1 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
 * Use eselect news to read news items.

r...@smoker / # eix kconvert
No matches found.
r...@smoker / # layman -l
* kde-sunset [Git ] (git://git.overlays.gentoo.org/proj/kde-sunset.git )
r...@smoker / #

So, it wants to rebuild Kconvert but there is no such thing in portage. I have the kde-sunset layman up to date as well. Also, I do use Kconvert so I don't want to get rid of it either.

Is there a way to fix this? Oh, the news item is not related. I read it but plan to go back to it one day when I have more time to mess with it.

Thanks.

Dale

P. S. Is this being sent plain text? Me and Seaonkey 2 are having a bit of a discussion here.