On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 03:58:33 hb-...@web.de wrote:
> On 21.02.2010 16:31, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> > package.provided is the wrong file. Your problem is caused by busybox
> > being in @system, which is a subset of @world. That's why you see the
> > message about it being in world even though it is not in the world file.
> > To remove it from @system, add
> >
> > -sys-apps/busybox
> >
> > in /etc/portage/profile/packages.
>
> I tried this before I posted my question and did it again now ... sorry,
> no ... this doesn't solve the problem. It doesn't matter if
> /etc/portage/profile/packages (tried "packages." too, just to be sure)
> contains "-sys-apps/busybox" or not, as soon as I do remove busybox from
> package.provided emerge tries to install busybox-1.15.3, and if I add it
> back to provided the warning reappears.
>
> What's wrong? Did any change of the system installation I made break
> portage? ... but everything else seems to work fine.
>
> ... but thx for that fast try to help.

Have you tried making an ebuild for 1.16 and putting it in /usr/local/portage
directory?

That way you won't be fighting with portage about what version to install.

--
Reverend Paul Colquhoun, ULC.    http://andor.dropbear.id.au/~paulcol
 Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.