On Wednesday 24 February 2010 16:46:59 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> On 02/24/2010 04:28 PM, Crístian Viana wrote:
> > there was a recent discussion about this on this mailing list:
> > http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-user/msg_13c6d27e4216e91ed3c4800fe42b8e
> > 95.xml
> >
> > it seems only Kmail needs that USE flag. I also haven't tried this on my
> > system.
>
> Question is: will enabling that USE flag only for kdelibs result in KDE
> in general using a "semantic desktop?"

No. It means that kdelibs will support Nepomuk, whether individual apps do so
or not is indeterminate. There are three possibilities for apps:

1. They build support for semantic desktop
2. They do not build support for semantic desktop
3. They can be configured to support or not support semantic desktop via USE

Plus a 4th option: buggy code that does some weird combination of 1-3 or
perhaps something else altogether.

To answer your question, you would have to audit all the KDE4 apps and add up
the tally against points 1-3 (and maybe 4)

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com