On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 20:10:02 +0100, Andrea Conti wrote about Re:
[gentoo-user] Re: Who believes in cylinders?:

>> Many years ago I wrote an OS/2 program to handle all of this.
>> Perhaps I should blow the dust off it, convert it to use POSIX
>> functions and publish it as FOSS.
>
>Why reinvent the wheel? Just use 'sfdisk -d'.

No reinvention required: I already have an old wheel in the garage.

There are already several Linux programs that can display partition
tables, and present them in a manner more useful than a dd of some
bytes from the MBR: fdisk, sfdisk, parted, etc.  Mine would simply be
another.
--
Regards,

Dave  [RLU #314465]