On 2010-03-12, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2010-03-12, Keith Dart <ke...@dartworks.biz> wrote:
>>=== On Fri, 03/12, Grant Edwards wrote: ===
>>> Does skencil work for anybody else?
>
>> You should probably be using inkscape instead.
>
> I was afraid of that.  Inkscape is a bloated monster that's going to
> pull in another dozen or two packages.  I guess if that's the only
> choice...
>
>> I'm not sure skencil is maintained.
>
> Apparently not.  There's a fork named "sk1" that's still somewhat
> active, but it's got its own problem.

After attempting to use sk1 for a few minutes, I've given up on it.
It crashes regularly. Exporting to a .eps file just plain doesn't work
(it writes 'sk1' format data to the file).

The user interface is full of breakage: if you export a drawing and
then do a 'save', it overwrites the _exported_ file rather than saving
in the original drawing file.

It also spews a constant stream of errors and tracebacks when doing
anything at all.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Look into my eyes and
                                  at               try to forget that you have