On Saturday 20 March 2010 15:16:57 ich bins wrote:
> Am 20.03.2010 11:21, schrieb Mick:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I want to map a OEM keyboard button to suspend the PC to RAM, but I am
> > not sure which command KDE4 is using in its menu for suspending to RAM.
> > I assume that I will be able to map this button to the command in
> > question and I wouldn't need to elevate privileges, enter passwds, or the
> > like, because when I select it from the KDE menu it just runs.
>
> in the shortcuts section you have to define a new dbus-call
>
> org.kde.kded
> /modules/powerdevil
> suspend
> 2

Hmm ... this is weird:

I set up Trigger as Sleep and populated the Action fields as you suggested in
the Input Actions in SystemSettings.  If I click on the Call button under the
Action fields, the machine goes to sleep.  If I use the keyboard Sleep button
it does not.  How do I troubleshoot this?
--
Regards,
Mick