Hi,

I installed www-plugins/gecko-mediaplayer version 0.9.9.2 (masked with
keywords ~alpha ~amd64 ~hppa ~ppc ~ppc64 ~x86) recently and this works great
with the Apple Trailers.

It pulls in gnome-mplayer, which requires mplayer of course. I compiled them
with the following use flags, just in case you need them:

[ebuild   R   ] media-video/mplayer-1.0_rc4_p20091026-r1  USE="3dnow 3dnowext
X a52 aac alsa ass bidi cddb cdio dirac dts dv dvd dvdnav enca encode esd faac
faad gif iconv ipv6 jack jpeg live mad mmx mmxext mng mp3 network openal
opengl osdmenu oss png quicktime rar real rtc schroedinger sdl shm speex sse
svga theora toolame tremor truetype twolame unicode vorbis win32codecs x264
xscreensaver xv xvid xvmc -aalib (-altivec) -bindist -bl -bs2b -cdparanoia -
cpudetection -custom-cpuopts -debug -dga -directfb -doc -dvb -dxr3 -fbcon -ftp
-ggi -gmplayer -joystick -ladspa -libcaca -lirc -lzo -md5sum -nas -nut -
opencore-amr -pnm -pulseaudio -pvr -radio -samba -sse2 -ssse3 -teletext -tga -
v4l -v4l2 -vdpau -vidix -xanim -xinerama -zoran" VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia -mga -
s3virge -tdfx" 15,153 kB

[ebuild   R   ] media-video/gnome-mplayer-0.9.9.2  USE="alsa libnotify -gnome
-ipod -musicbrainz -pulseaudio" 0 kB

[ebuild   R   ] www-plugins/gecko-mediaplayer-0.9.9.2  USE="-gnome" 0 kB

Cheers
Christian