On 3/25/2010 11:31 AM, Xi Shen wrote:
> hi,
>
> when i try to emerge f-spot, i found that it pull in dev-lang/mon, and
> all its dependencies. why f-spot needs mono? since when mono becomes
> stable, and is used in real linux application?

F-Spot is written in C#.  C# is a CIL-only language, and requires the
Mono runtime to execute.

If you consider F-Spot a "real" Linux application, then clearly Mono is
used by "real" Linux applications.  The author of F-Spot, at least,
considered it stable enough to use.

If you don't consider Mono stable, you'll have to use something other
than F-Spot.  Unfortunately I don't know of an application for Linux
that does everything that F-Spot does, except maybe Picasa from Google?

--Mike