Hello All,

Thanks again to Alvia for unearthing another thought-provoking article.

The following will (I hope) already be known to most readers of this
blog, but in case there are interested others I'd like to correct some
of the statements made in the article regarding our
cloud-albedo-enhancement geoengineering idea:-

1. The idea is not recent. It was first proposed almost 20 years ago:
"Latham, J. 1990 Control of global warming? Nature 347, 339-340",
since which time 5 other peer-reviewed papers have been written on it,
most recently two in the special geo-engineering issue of "Phil Trans.
Roy. Soc.", 2008. Ancient would be a more accurate word than recent,
unfortunately.

2. The idea is not "theoretical only". One of our Phil Trans papers
cites 3 experimental/observational papers (not by us), all published
in 2008, two involving global satellite measurements, one atmospheric
airborne studies, all providing significant quantitative support for
the scheme.

3. "Bombarding" is possibly an excessively violent term to describe
the slow drift of sub-micrometre seawater particles into the bases of
maritime stratocumulus clouds; which is what we propose.

Cheers,   John.    [EMAIL PROTECTED]