From: geoengineering@googlegroups.com
[mailto:geoengineer...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of ALittleSlow
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 2:56 PM
To: geoengineering
Subject: [geo] Re: REGARDING DETERIORATION OF GEOENGINEERING GOOGLEGROUP

I would hate to see an established forum which includes such important
players disappear or degenerate, so I think the time has come for this group
to become moderated.

I don't think it need be an either/or choice. It can be Ken Caldeira and
other moderators, so that the time and blame are shared. It can be some
people moderated (e.g. newbies and rule-violators) and most not.
Or most could be denied and a few allowed (which would most certainly not
include me).

Many of the discussions here are interesting, insightful and valuable, but
they are also outside the guidelines. I suggest a second, unmoderated group
for these. It can have the same purpose and guidelines sans guideline #3
("ALL POSTS MUST ADD NEW INFORMATION.").
Maybe call it "geo-re-engineering". Providing this alternative should take
the bulk of the time and social burden off the moderators. It may even be a
sufficient solution in itself.

Kind regards,
Brian Alano

[snip]