Hi Gene,

The historic argument is a quite good one.

The unmentionables that are not possible to look at are: the intensity of solar
output, and accessibility of positive feedbacks into carbon reserves assuming
that man-made warming triggered full naturally accessible carbon plus
industrially removed geocarbon.

But in principle Earth and Venus to me seem to have lots of dynamically
responding thermal inertia in the athmosphere and hydrosphere, while Mars
doesn't. Given a sufficient stimulus, I cannot see any reason of all the heat
being captured by spoiled athomsphere into water.

But historically we could not prove that unless someone oneday finds another
civilisation of past that had dug up all the available carbon and put it into
air...  There is no precedent.

Kind regards,

Albert